Volunteers are critical to accomplishing our mission. We are deeply indebted to these amazing people. We strive to create an environment that is friendly, fulfilling, and fun for volunteers. Our volunteers work with staff to support daily operations and provide a healthy and enriching environment for our dogs. Volunteers must be at least 14 years old.
What do I get for volunteering? Besides the joy of knowing how you are making a difference in someone else's life and being our our amazing lovable canines?
- 1st day = K9 Guardian Gel Bracelet (1 time)
- 40 Hours = T-Shirt (1 time)
- 80 Hours = Letter of appreciation (1 per for each 80 hours)
- 200 Hours = Senate Certificate of Recognition for Outstanding Community Service (1 time)
Available Volunteer Positions
Don't see something but still want to help? Let us know! email firstname.lastname@example.org
Puppy Raiser - Click here for more information.
Grant Writer - Grant writing is key to our success and support to the veterans. We are in need of grant writers. Experienced writers and interns please contact us via email with your experience and availability to - email@example.com
K9 and Kennel Caretaker - Volunteers will help the dog caretakers provide a safe, clean, and enriching home for our dogs. Tasks may include taking dogs to the play yard, grooming and other enrichment activities with dogs, washing bowls, cleaning, preparing kongs, and walking dogs. Approx 2 hours twice a day. Hours: We ask that volunteers work a minimum of 8 hours per month in some capacity. Shifts are semi-flexible and are available during these times: Monday-Friday from 7:00am to 9:00am and 3:00pm to 5:00pm and Saturday and Sunday from 8:00am to 10:00am and 2:00 to 4:00pm. Other hours by arrangement. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Events Team Member - We have many fun fundraising events throughout the year. We are looking for people who want to be involved in these events. Our volunteers are critical to making these events successful. Please email Rachelle@k9guardians.org.
Group volunteer activities:
- Volunteer groups assist our care taking staff with ranch projects and dog care duties, which can include (but are certainly not limited to): cleaning kennels, grooming, sweeping/mopping and more. There are special projects throughout the year that may be appropriate for your group.
- Everyone must wear closed toe shoes/boots. Volunteers without closed toe shoes will be unable to participate. Please dress in clothes that you do not mind getting dirty.
- If your group is interested or if you have questions, please email email@example.com
Click below for dates and times for fundraisers, volunteer opportunities, and other events.