Service dogs aren't just born, they're raised.
Volunteer puppy raisers provide our puppy K9 Guardians a safe home environment filled with love and positive experiences. We request that you:
- Provide socialization opportunities.
- Daily training and exercise.
- Participate in weekly K9 Guardians' obedience classes.
- Provide proper healthy diet and hydration.
- Give lots of love and affection!!
Each hour spent caring for a K9 Guardian puppy is vital to its development as a future service dog. The puppy raising program provides a unique opportunity for volunteers to assist with our very important mission of helping our veterans.
We will train you to be a puppy raiser!!
Please note: You must be at least 18 years old to be a volunteer puppy raiser. Those under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian as a co-applicant on the puppy raiser application.